My work with you starts with an initial consultation. Then, I’ll make a recommendation about how to proceed to help you achieve your goals.
Initial Consultation $130
- Step 1: Please complete and return my intake form so I can get some basic information about your dog and your needs. Based on the initial information you provide, if I feel a different trainer would be better for you, I’ll let you know and no payment will be due.
- Step 2: We’ll schedule a video assessment, which will be 1 to 1.5 hours. Payment of $130 will be due upon booking the session.
- Step 3: Following the assessment, I’ll make recommendations about how to proceed. You can decide what works for you and we’ll proceed from there.
Training Packages by Video or In-Person $95-100/hour
- $100/hour for sessions purchased individually
- $95/hour for a package of 6 or more one-hour sessions
- $25 travel surcharge for locations beyond my immediate service area (Alameda, El Cerrito, parts of Oakland)
Training covers puppy raising, foundation behaviors, helping your pet become more comfortable with vet and grooming visits, and enrichment. Training packages are generally more effective if we meet regularly, usually weekly.
Private or Semi-Private Walk or Hike and Train Sessions
Hikes will be on east bay regional trails that permit dogs on and off leash. I will pick-up and drop-off your pup from your home. Walks will take place in your neighborhood. Private and semi-private walks or hikes are a good choice for dogs who are not suitable for group outings (or those who just prefer to go out alone or in a small group). It’s also a great option if you’d like your dog to get some sniffy time and exercise while working towards developing polite trail manners, improving recall (coming to you when called), or polite walking in the neighborhood. Please contact me for rates and details.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
- I accept cash, personal check, Venmo, Zelle and PayPal.
- Payment is due for initial consultations upon booking the session.
- Payment for packages is due upon booking the package.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify me as soon as possible. Full payment is due on sessions that are cancelled less than 48 hours prior to our scheduled session.
- If you need to work out other payment arranges, please ask.
What I will do: After an initial conversation or assessment, if I believe there’s a trainer who’s a better fit for your needs (or your dog needs to see a vet rather than a trainer), I will refer you to that person so you can get the best help possible for your circumstances. I will refer you to other trainers that I’ve worked with personally or other experienced trainers.
What I won’t do: I will not guarantee that your dog will change their behavior in the way that you would like. Dogs are living beings and many factors may contribute to their behavior, including medical issues, genetics, traumatic experiences with other dogs or people, and their current environment. That being said, many training challenges can be resolved with the positive reinforcement training and management approaches I use!