My work with you starts with an initial consultation. Then, I’ll make a recommendation about how to proceed to help you achieve your goals.
Initial Consultation $150
Please see my contact page, which I regularly update about my availability and wait list, before completing my intake form.
- Step 1: Complete and return my intake form so I can get some basic information about your dog and your needs. Based on this initial information, if I feel a different trainer would be better for you, I’ll let you know and no payment will be due.
- Step 2: We’ll schedule a video assessment, which will be 1 to 1.25 hours. Payment of $150 will be due in order to book the session.
- Step 3: Following the assessment, I’ll provide follow up information and recommendations about how to proceed.
Training Packages by Video or In-Person $125-$135/session (one-hour sessions)
- $135/session (one-hour) for sessions purchased individually
- $125/session (one-hour) for a package of 10 or more sessions (for clients who schedule regular weekly sessions; packages must be used within 3 months)
- $25 travel surcharge for locations beyond my immediate service area (I will let you know if the travel surcharge applies to your location/address when I receive your intake form)
- Regarding feedback/video review/answering questions between scheduled sessions:
- I love being responsive and supportive of my clients, and wish I had unlimited time! Unfortunately, it’s not sustainable for me to spend significant unpaid time with clients in between sessions.
- If you have training or behavior questions, please note them so we can address them at our next session. If it’s safe to do so, it would also be helpful to take video of your dog’s behavior and the context in which it occurs, so you can share it with me. You can text or email a link to the video, which we can discuss at your next scheduled session.
- If we’re only meeting every few weeks, I encourage you to consider submitting training video for review and feedback. While I will bill for this time, it will allow me to provide feedback and you can make adjustments right away, which ultimately will improve your training and results. I’m happy to provide more guidance about taking and submitting video, depending on the exercises, goals, and context, if this is an option you’re considering.
Training covers puppy raising, foundation behaviors, enrichment and helping your pet become more comfortable with vet and grooming visits. Training is most effective if you practice regularly!
Private Walk or Hike and Train Sessions
Hikes will be on east bay regional trails that permit dogs on and off leash. I will pick-up and drop-off your pup from your home. Walks generally take place in your neighborhood or other locations appropriate for your dog. Private walks or hikes are a good choice for dogs who are not suitable for group outings (or those who just prefer to go out alone). It’s also a great option if you’d like your dog to get some sniffy time and exercise while working towards developing polite trail or walking manners and improving skills like recall and passing other dogs, critters or people calmly. Please contact me for rates and details.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
- I accept cash, personal check, Zelle, Venmo and PayPal.
- Payment is due for initial consultations upon booking the session.
- Payment for packages is due upon booking the package.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify me as soon as possible.
- There is a $50 cancellation fee for sessions that are cancelled with less than 48 hours notice; and full fee for sessions that are cancelled with less than 12 hours notice.
- If you need to work out other payment arranges, please ask.
What I will do: After an initial conversation or assessment, if I believe there’s a trainer who’s a better fit for your needs (or your dog needs to see a vet rather than a trainer), I will refer you to that person so you can get the best help possible for your circumstances. I will refer you to other trainers that I’ve worked with personally or other experienced trainers.
What I won’t do: I will not guarantee that your dog will change their behavior in the way that you would like. Dogs are living beings and many factors may contribute to their behavior, including medical issues, genetics, traumatic experiences with other dogs or people, and their current environment. That being said, many training challenges can be resolved with the positive reinforcement training and management approaches I use!