My work with you starts with an initial consultation. Then, I’ll make a recommendation about how to proceed to help you achieve your goals.
Initial Consultation $150
- Step 1: Please complete and return my intake form so I can get some basic information about your dog and your needs. Based on the initial information you provide, if I feel a different trainer would be better for you, I’ll let you know and no payment will be due.
- Step 2: We’ll schedule a video assessment, which will be 1 to 1.5 hours. Payment of $150 will be due upon booking the session.
- Step 3: Following the assessment, I’ll provide follow up information and recommendations about how to proceed.
Training Packages by Video or In-Person $125-$135/session (one-hour sessions)
- $135/session (one-hour) for sessions purchased individually
- $125/session (one-hour) for a package of 10 or more sessions (for clients who schedule regular weekly sessions; packages must be used within 3 months)
- $25 travel surcharge for locations beyond my immediate service area ( I will travel to Alameda, El Cerrito, parts of Oakland that are further from my home with the $25 surcharge)
- For feedback/video review/answering questions between scheduled sessions, I bill at $135/hour in 15-minute increments. (E.g., for a 15-minute conversation or email, you will be billed $33.75)
- I have learned that clients often have questions in between sessions. Sometimes, you’re looking for feedback on training, or a concerning behavior has emerged and you have a question. You want guidance on purchasing training gear or finding a daycare, vet or dog walker. I love being responsive and supportive, and wish I had unlimited time! In fact, I prefer to provide feedback as soon as possible, as I know this will help you and your pup be more successful. Unfortunately, it’s not sustainable for me to spend significant unpaid time with clients in between sessions.
- If you have training or behavior questions between sessions, or would like me to review video and provide feedback, please understand that I’m happy to respond, but beyond very quick questions and/or scheduling, I will bill you for time spent providing feedback via email/text/zoom/phone, etc. If it’s not urgent, please consider writing down and saving your questions for sessions (or taking video of your dog to show me when we meet).
- If we’re only meeting every few weeks, I encourage you to consider submitting training video. While time will be billed, it will allow me to provide feedback and you can make adjustments right away, which ultimately will improve your training and results. I’m happy to provide more guidance about taking and submitting video, depending on the exercises, goals, and context, if this is an option you’re considering.
Training covers puppy raising, foundation behaviors, enrichment and helping your pet become more comfortable with vet and grooming visits. Training is most effective if you practice regularly!
Private or Semi-Private Walk or Hike and Train Sessions
Hikes will be on east bay regional trails that permit dogs on and off leash. I will pick-up and drop-off your pup from your home. Walks will take place in your neighborhood. Private and semi-private walks or hikes are a good choice for dogs who are not suitable for group outings (or those who just prefer to go out alone or in a small group). It’s also a great option if you’d like your dog to get some sniffy time and exercise while working towards developing polite trail manners, improving recall (coming to you when called), or polite walking in the neighborhood. Please contact me for rates and details.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
- I accept cash, personal check, Venmo, Zelle and PayPal.
- Payment is due for initial consultations upon booking the session.
- Payment for packages is due upon booking the package.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify me as soon as possible. Full payment is due on sessions that are cancelled less than 48 hours prior to our scheduled session.
- If you need to work out other payment arranges, please ask.
What I will do: After an initial conversation or assessment, if I believe there’s a trainer who’s a better fit for your needs (or your dog needs to see a vet rather than a trainer), I will refer you to that person so you can get the best help possible for your circumstances. I will refer you to other trainers that I’ve worked with personally or other experienced trainers.
What I won’t do: I will not guarantee that your dog will change their behavior in the way that you would like. Dogs are living beings and many factors may contribute to their behavior, including medical issues, genetics, traumatic experiences with other dogs or people, and their current environment. That being said, many training challenges can be resolved with the positive reinforcement training and management approaches I use!